Pages

Thursday, October 07, 2010

{I Got a New Toy}


I love being surrounded by my books but I don't look as fabulous as Gwyneth nor do I have a library. So I bought myself a little treat. I've been thinking about getting an Amazon Kindle for awhile but decided to go with the Barnes & Noble Nook. It's a new purchase so I'm still getting acquainted with it but so far, I love it. I chose the Nook for it's ability to read books from my local library, which I was unable to do with a Kindle.

I think I'm a little late to jump on the e-reader bandwagon. Most people have one by now, but I kept holding out because I love my real books so much. Then I thought, "Well who says you can't read "real books" anymore?". My friends and I pass books around and we will still do that. I will still pick up bargain books at yard sales or library sales. But now I also have this fun new gadget to read books on.

Of course, I will have to deck my Nook out in all of the available accessories. I'll let you know which ones I decide on (and take pics for you). There are many cool skins and covers out there. We must decorate our e-readers just like we decorate everything else, right ladies?