Pages

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Home Tour: Comfortable Chic

I loved this home when I first saw it in Coastal Living magazine. It is the home of Sherry Bilsing, an Emmy award winning writer for Friends and The New Adventures of Old Christine. I love how it is magazine worthy and well put together but it still looks like an actual family lives there. Very comfortable and inspiring.


Love the orange and green in the kitchen. Look at those great vintage metal stools!


I love how the rooms are all open to each other but yet still their own rooms. Look at the patina on that mirror.


This is my favorite shot from the house. So much to love here. The lovely windows. The vintage school poster in the matted frame. The striped fabric on the wing chair. The wood and metal vintage schoolhouse stools. I love the color palette in this home. It's very clean and neutral yet still has some great splashes of color. Totally my thing.


French doors in the bedroom. Who doesn't love that? This bedroom seems bright and airy in the daytime but I can see it being just as cozy at night with the curtains pulled, the lamp on, and a couple of candles lit. All I need is my new Starbucks mug and a good book.


Look at those ceilings. I also love the pendant light over the dining room table and the child-like art. I'm a big fan of childrens artwork displayed in the home or basically any art that looks "child-like". I find it so charming.


Bookshelves. Comfy sofas. Coffee table with storage baskets. Old globes. Love.