Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Painted Floors

I've always liked painted floors. When we moved into this house, I painted my 5 year old daughters floor in a pink and yellow checkerboard pattern. It kills me that I don't have any pictures of it. What was I thinking? Didn't I know that years later I'd be blogging about painted floors? Unfortunately, that floor has since been refinished.


{via Southern Living}


{via Cottage Living}


{via My Home Ideas}


{via My Home Ideas}


{via Design Sponge}


{via Cottage Living}


{via Cottage Living}


{via Better Homes & Gardens}


{via Apartment Therapy}

We can't talk about floors and not mention the awesome floors at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art. This exhibit by Jim Lambie was made entirely of vinyl tape.


Or what about this beautiful painted and stenciled floor? I would love to do this on my front porch. Go tell Marzi at Paisley Wallpaper how awesome she is. She even gives you directions on how to do it.