Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2009

My new "wonky house"

How cute is this crooked house? While visiting my mom this weekend, she had a little surprise for me. She got us both one at a local shop that sells primitives. She wasn't sure I'd like it since I'm not really into primitive decor but I love it. I think it's funky and kooky. My husband said it looked like a Tim Burton house. It also has a place for a lightbulb inside. I haven't found the perfect place for it yet.



Look what else I found while being nosy in the garage. A box full of my grandpa's "junk". This is only about 1/2 of what I brought home and there is still more in an old toolbox. He must have saved everything. Lots of good bits for jewelry making and other crafty pursuits. You should have seen the look on my grandma's face when I told her I was taking that junk home to use to make jewelry.



On the way home, I cheated on Target and stopped at Walmart to pick up laundry detergent. (Don't worry Target, you're still my first love.) I thought I might as well browse around since I haven't been there in ages. Found some shoes on clearance. $10. Pretty cute and very comfortable. (Also much cuter in person.) The perfect casual shoe to slip on for weekend flea marketing or walking around yard sales. I bought 4 pair because as you know, a girl can never have too many shoes.